Why Choose Montagu Mansions for your Mouth Guard?
There are a number of products on the market that can be bought online or in a shop and simply made at home – unfortunately these will never provide the same level of support and protection as one of our custom made mouth guards, as some Sports Guards require more reinforcement than others given the nature of the impact received, and a bespoke Snore Guard offers greater accuracy in adjusting your lower jaw for a better night’s sleep.
At Montagu Mansions, we pride ourselves on looking after the entire patients’ needs to ensure they have well maintained oral health and ultimately general wellbeing.
- A full dental and TMJ examination to assess your overall oral health. Thorough assessment of the existing teeth and their periodontal status. Risk factors will be discussed and appropriate health advice will be given.
- Upper and lower impressions will be taken and a bite taken with the lower jaw in a forward position.
- The design and type of mandibular advancement device will be chosen according to your needs.
- The mandibular advancement will be graduated until snoring is reduced.
- Further review appointments will be organised to monitor any bite changes or secondary effects.
Sports Mouth Guards
Sports Mouth Guards, also known as gum shields, help protect the teeth and the underlying supporting bone from injury when playing contact sports, and are an essential piece of kit. While it is of course impossible to eliminate all risk, a custom-made sports Mouth Guard can significantly reduce the risks associated with certain sports and so help maintain a healthy mouth.
- Full dental examination to assess your overall oral health including appropriate oral hygiene and diet advice relevant to your sport.
- Customised Sports Mouth Guard designed with your individual sport in mind.
- Manufactured using the most advanced technology and materials, as used by London 2012 Olympics athletes.
- Personalised management of your on-going oral health needs.
Some sportspeople frequently consume high sugar energy drinks or snack throughout the day to maintain energy levels during training. This exposes their teeth to a constant sugar and acid attack that can be very detrimental. There is evidence that poor oral health can impact on sporting performance as a result of these habits, with athletes suffering from decay in multiple teeth from all the sugars consumed, or teeth that are severely worn down from constant clenching and grinding during high intensity workouts.
It is known that poor oral health and gum disease can be linked with heart disease, arthritis and dementia, so it is vital to ensure every aspect of oral health is looked after. What happens when you come in for an appointment? Dr Konviser will carry out a full dental examination to check your overall oral health and if required, take the appropriate x-rays. He will then take impressions of both your upper and lower teeth that will be sent to the dental laboratory to manufacture the Mouth Guard.