The Dentistry Top 50
Dr Andrew Dawood has made it into The Dentistry Top 50 of the most influential people in dentistry 2017.
Follow the link to view who appears in this years Top 50.
Why tooth decay could be caused by your genes
Research into tooth decay by the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine have found that genetic variations may be the cause of tooth decay. Two medical journals have been writtenFull Article ›
BACD: Understanding occlusion
Dr Tom Bereznicki has been invited to speak on avoiding occlusally related failures in the aesthetic zone at Novotel, Birmingham on Saturday 8th July.
Some of the topics Dr Bereznicki will discuss include:
- RCP v ICP
- Working to conformative v re-organised occlusion
- Long centric
- Tooth migration in the anterior region as a result of occlusal problems in the posterior quadrants
- The importance of anterior guidance, particularly canine protected occlusion
- Working side and non-working side interferences
- The consequences of ‘cross-over in working and protrusive mandibular excursions
- Anterior tooth wear
- Material choices in bruxism
- The importance of correct occlusion in anterior cosmetic bonding
- Avoiding fracturing teeth and roots
- The importance of anterior disclusion particularly with reference to posterior crown and bridge design
- The link between orthodontic treatment and occlusion
- When to carry out occlusal adjustments